Tuesday 1 February 2011

Review: Magic in the Blood (Allie Beckstrom #2) by Devon Monk

Devon Monk

Description (from Goodreads)

Working as a Hound-tracing illegal spells back to their casters-has taken its toll on Allison Beckstrom. But even though magic has given her migraines and stolen her recent memory, Allie isn't about to quit. Then the police's magic enforcement division asks her to consult on a missing persons case. But what seems to be a straightforward job turns out to be anything but, as Allie finds herself drawn into the underworld of criminals, ghosts, and blood magic.

Magic in the Blood is the 2nd book in the Allie Beckstrom Series . I was really looking forward to reading it so started it right after I finished the first book and I was not disappointed. It starts where Magic to the Bone finishes, and I liked that it does. I prefer this to the story jumping a year later or something as some other books do. I was a little frustrated that Allie couldn't remember her relationship with Zay though, but I guess that's that's Monk's aim; for us to feel Allie's frustration. It was good to see under Zay's zen and see a little of his pain at her memory loss, it made his character slightly more three dimensiona. He's still mysterious and I'm hoping that Monk has something big in store for us in the future regarding this. I really don't know who to trust though, and that includes Allie. I don't trust her or her judgment, and I definitely don't trust her to make the right decisions. However, we knew she was flawed from book 1. She even knows she is. I just hope that during the next few books she learns to listen before she gets someone killed.

Rating: 5/6 - Really liked it

No comments:

Post a Comment