Tuesday 16 August 2011

Review: Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling #10) by Nalini Singh


Since the moment of her defection from the PsyNet and into the SnowDancer wolf pack, Sienna Lauren has had one weakness. Hawke. Alpha and dangerous, he compels her to madness. 
Hawke is used to walking alone, having lost the woman who would've been his mate long ago. But Sienna fascinates the primal heart of him, even as he tells himself she is far too young to handle the wild fury of the wolf.  Then Sienna changes the rules and suddenly, there is no more distance, only the most intimate of battles between two people who were never meant to meet. Yet as they strip away each other's secrets in a storm of raw emotion, they must also ready themselves for a far more vicious fight… 
A deadly enemy is out to destroy SnowDancer, striking at everything they hold dear, but it is Sienna's darkest secret that may yet savage the pack that is her home…and the alpha who is its heartbeat…

It feels like I've waited for this book for so long. I adore this series. Nalini singh is the author I use to judge all other paranormal romance by. In fact she has spoiled me. I was introduced to this series at the start of my foray into PNR/Urban Fantasy by a friend and it set the standard. Sometimes I wish I'd read Christen Feehan first, because at least then I wouldn't have something good to compare it too. No one can beat Nalini Singh. No one. Hers are the only books I don't ever roll my eyes too (okay admittedly maybe once during the first book!). They are the only books I've come across that have great romance coupled with an interesting and kiss ass plot. No other series/book combines the two quite as well, no where near as well.

Hawke's story is one that has been slowly burning away in the background from book one (Slave to Sensation), and one I've been desperate to read. I'd read excerpts/quotes on Singh's website and on Goodreads and they only whetted my appetite. I wasn't disappointed. It was everything I'd hoped for and more. Hawke and Sienna's history being what it is, every look and interaction was filled with sexual tension, and both of them were at breaking point.

The second romance between the pack healer, Lara and, Walker Sienna's uncle, was an added bonus but I do wish they had their own book. I think they deserved that. There was also the birth of Sascha and Lucas's baby which was lovely, and I enjoyed seeing the Changelings reaction to this.

There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered surrounding the Psy, and to be honest I was far more interested in the Changelings this time round. I really need to reread the book again (maybe slightly slower this time :) ) to enable me to take more information in.

A fantastic read. 


Rating: 6/6 - It Was Amazing


No comments:

Post a Comment