Thursday 11 August 2011

TBR Thursday

The first book that's going on my TBR list this week is Dragon Bound. I saw this on All Things Urban Fantasy and was like 'oooooh hot guy and dragons! I like' Reading the blurb (from Goodreads) made me hesitate but I'm going to try it anyway. I'm usually hit and miss with PNR but fingers crossed.



Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful-and passionate-of the Elder races.

Next up is Alpha Instinct by Katie Reus. It's not out yet, and with a 2012 release it's a long wait. Alpha Instinct is the first book in the Moon Shifter series. I love a good werewolf series (I haven't found anything to knock Mercy Thompson off the top spot though). I found this book on Book Chick City's wishlist. Okay so the blurb isn't the best, hardly tells us anything, but I like the cover, even if other people dislike the 'girl with tattoo' cliché that Urban Fantasy covers are known for (although this title is classed as PNR, it sure does look lie UF).


The series all feature a pack of shifters battling a radical hate group intent on destroying all paranormal beings.

Alpha, Connor Armstrong, will do anything to protect his intended mate and newly founded pack. Unfortunately when he offers protection things don’t go quite as planned. His new mate is as stubborn as she is sexy and getting her to submit proves almost impossible.


Another book from Book Chick City is Avenger's Angel, book 1 of Heather Killough-Walden's The Lost Angels series. The cover is really pretty, and the review by Carolyn is very good indeed. With November 2011 release I'm still going to have to be patient. 


The first in Heather Killough-Walden's fantastic new paranormal series, the Lost Angels, features Uriel, the Angel of Vengeance Four thousand years ago, four archangels were cast down to Earth in human form. God's favourites, they came to find their mates, the other half of their souls made only for them, without whom they will ever be complete. Uriel, Gabriel, Azrael and Michael, however, were not alone. They were followed by another, determined to find the archesses for himself, and whose power cannot be underestimated. But after centuries of fruitless searching, the archangels -- and their enemy -- have all but given up hope. Until one day beautiful and gifted Eleanore Granger crosses paths with Uriel, the Angel of Vengeance. And as a storm rages, outside forces conspire together, initiating an age old battle of good versus evil to win the first archess.

That's 3 PNR books I've added to my TBR list so I think it's time I go look for some Urban Fantasy :)




1 comment:

  1. Hots guys and dragons? Sign me up! lol

    Also, I’m a new follower—love your blog background! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete