Tuesday 10 January 2012

Monthly Round Up: November 2011

I was hoping to amaze myself this month and read a heap of books and magically get myself up to date with my reading challenge. I'd also planned for either November or December to be the month I'd finish all the books I abandoned. Sadly I was way too far behind for either :( I'd had hoped to sample some Steampunk this year but that hasn't happened. Maybe I'll get to it during 2012. Last years failed challenge will at least keep me from making the same mistake with 2012's reading challenge (I'll keep my fingers crossed but I'm a glutton).

So, November's books. I managed 6 :/ but I'm sure it's not been my worst month. My favourite has to be The Scoripo Races. I adored it. Close second came Drink Deep. I'm loving the Chicagoland Vampire series. I was disappointed with the emotional connection, or the lack of one, I felt with Voyage of the Snake Lady as I loved and have very fond memories of the first adventure, Moon Riders. I was also disappointed with Crossed mainly because nothing much happened at all. I think that Ally Condie has kept all the action for the trilogy's 3rd instalment. Well, I certainly hope so!

Magic on the Line, Devon Monk
The Scorpio Races, Maggie Stiefvater
Crossed, Ally Condie
Drink Deep, Chloe Neill
Voyage of the Snake Lady Theresa Thomlinson
Carrier of the Mark, Leigh Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment