Wednesday 2 May 2012

Review: Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder


I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

I went into Inside Out with no expectations whatsoever. I'd just finished Working Stiff (after much struggling I have to admit), and I'm pleased to say that, like with every other Dystopian story I've read so far, I really liked it. I found that it was just what I needed to get me back into reading after my little slump. I found I flew through this book which I'm quite happy about. I hated being in a slump and watching the books I needed to read to keep up with my reading challenge go up and up was depressing. I think I'm currently behind by 17 (make that 25) :( but hopefully now I'm back I'll get through quite afew of those. The difficulty I have when I like a book and get into it is that I end up not writing any notes, so I then struggle writing the review. Not good. I have a soft spot for Dystopian fiction and haven't yet read a book I didn't like, or struggle to finish. It was no different with this book. I liked Trella and took to her right away. I like that she was 'The queen of the Pipes'. I thought that maybe I'd have trouble visualising the Cube they lived in but I didn't. I had a clear picture in my head. That's all I can say really. Sorry about that! (Although it's not like my reviews are ever essay like) I liked it. It was a quick, enjoyable read and I recommend you read it :)

 Rating: 4/6 - I Liked It

No comments:

Post a Comment